Thirty days ago, I took a new position within my company that moves into a completely operational role. I have been doing strictly project based work during my time here. Within this new role I am now responsible for the following services:
- System Center Configuration Manager
- System Center Operations Manager
- Windows OS/Image Management
- Microsoft Application Virtualization
- Mobile Device Management (BlackBerry, Android & iOS)
- Mac device management
It’s exciting to get back into an operational role after many years of project work but I know it will be challenge considering that I have the following tasks ahead of me over the next several years.
- Implementation of Citrix Virtualized Desktop 12,000 – 15,000 workstations
- Migration to Windows 7 for 10,000 -12,000 workstations
- Implementation of a formal support model for Macs
- Continuous review of mobile device solutions
These are some daunting tasks but I am excited for this new challenge and what this new opportunity brings to me professionally.